cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File(FTP) Adapter Fails Archiving File

0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a File to RFC scenario. In the configuration channel of the file sender, I set the Processing Mode to "Archive on FTP Server".

In this case, sometimes I send the same file again but when this file already exists in the FTP server archive folder, the communication channel monitoring shows the following error message and does not move the new file:

Failed to archive file 'ONILOG_NOT070517117.TXT' as '/onilog/teste_notfis/ONILOG_NOT070517117.TXT' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /onilog/teste_notfis/ONILOG_NOT070517117.TXT: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Note: when I am at /onilog, the command "dir" shows the directories I have but when I am at /, my main directory /onilog is not displayed by the same command. The FTP server is managed by a third party and I think it is based on Linux.

Can anyone help me please? Regards,

Marcos.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Archiving you should give the logical path of the destination.No need to give filr name.Remove file name and try.I hope it will work.

Cheers!

Samarjit

0 Kudos

Hello, Samarjit.

In the Configuration, the archive folder does not contain the file name.

Regards,

Marcos.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Windows NT parameters prevented me from overwriting files.

0 Kudos

The Windows NT parameters prevented me from overwritting files.

Former Member
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>sometimes I send the same file again but when this file already exists in the FTP server archive folder

what you you like see in this case other then :

>>>>T: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

if there was an overwrite command at archiving mode

what kind of archiving would it be???

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

0 Kudos

Hi, Michal.

The true store is: sometimes my RFC is not aware that the file was successfully delivered. In this case:

1. The file was moved to the archive folder. Everything worked well in the partner side;

2. But File Sender tries to send it again. Here I get the error.

Regards, Marcos.