cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: Dependency between 2 characteristics such as one should appear only wh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created classification for my document type, i.e i have assigned a class & some characteristics to my document type, but now i want to assign such a dependency to the characteristic that the second characteristic would appear only when i put certain value say '1' to the frist characteristic, the secound charcteristic should not appear till i put the value '1' to my frist characteristic.

So please let me know the syntax for such a dependency, also will this dependency work in CV04N??

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks & regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Which method you followed?

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i followed

1. Create characterstics say test1 and test 2 with A and B values in test 1 and C & D in test2.

2. now u want when u select A in test 1 then only the characterstic test 2 shud appear.

3.No u go to change mode of char test 2, click on object dependencies in basic data tab, u'll get maintain dependency:assignments to objects screen.

4 Go to edit< new dependency< local < precondition, u get edit dependency screen

5 write syntax test 1 = 'A' and specified test 1

now check when u enter A in Char test1 then only test 2 will appear on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where should i write the syntax Test1 ='A' in Edit Dependency screen?

pls guide.

Regards

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

000010 test 1 = 'A' and specified test 1

you get line No as 000010 as default, infront of this value there is space to write syntax.

award point if useful

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution works, but does anyone know of a more detailed help guide for the syntax for writing dependencies .

Former Member
0 Kudos

this we call as character dependency

1. Create characterstics say test1 and test 2 with A and B values in test 1 and C & D in test2.

2. now u want when u select A in test 1 then only the characterstic test 2 shud appear.

3.No u go to change mode of char test 2, click on object dependencies in basic data tab, u'll get maintain dependency:assignments to objects screen.

4 Go to edit< new dependency< local < precondition, u get edit dependency screen

5 write syntax test 1 = 'A' and specified test 1

now check when u enter A in Char test1 then only test 2 will appear on screen

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Generally the dependency should also work in transaction CV04N.

I've look for a sample precondition syntax and found the following sample which maybe helps you:

• memory upgrade is only allowed with answering machine

$self.WP_OPTIONS specified and

$self.WP_OPTIONS = '002'.

Best regards,

Christoph