cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users transport??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have created 60 users in QTY , i want to transport to PRD system.

Is it possible or i need to create in PRD also? Users doesn't have any data or roles.

Mine is ECC 6.

Plz. tell me the clear procedure...thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can export user data (SAP_USER) using SCC8 and then import it to target system.

Regards,

FS

http://www.icg.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally speaking it is not possible to transport the users created in QTY to PRD system, since it involves in the transport of lot of user tables. As ruchit said it is better to create users through SECATT

As you are using ECC 6.0, please find below the link for creating mass users using SECATT

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com//tutorials/secat.htm.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MS R,

User transport as such is not possible is not possible in the sense that you include users in a transport request and move them from one system to another.

Of course you can include entries of USR* tables in a transport but then the number of tables is large and there might be tables other than usr* involved. So this option is not viable.

You can do in normal cases a client copy with SAP_USERS profile but sine in your case the target system is production this may not be a very good idea.

May be if CATT is allowed in your production you can try that out.

Another option is to create Central user administration with production ideally being the master system. Quality can also made master system technically speaking but I wont recommend that considering the sanctity of production. After CUA has been set up you can do user distribution through SCUG transaction in production (master system). Look for different users tab and do the distribution.

CATT is pretty fast way as is CUA.

Of course if you dont want to go for either of them then you need to manually create them.

Regards.

Ruchit.