cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table n Template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone tell me the difference between table and template in smartforms?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey thanks for giving me the valuable answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Templates are completely static by nature.

Templates are used to print completely static i.e., fixed values.

Tables are dynamic in nature.

U can loop through the table and print the values dynamically.

If something needs to be calculated dynamically that can be done and u can print the dynamically generated data on to form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Tables are dynamic in nature while templates are static. So table can grow as per the size of the internal table. While template are constant.

The length of the table is not known untill the run time where as in template we have to define it before.

A template can be considered to be a static table whose size does not increase where as a table does not have a fixed size. Its size increases depending on the content. If the data is not fit in the template cell then it will be truncated, while in Table the cell height will be increased.

Template is static.. N number of columns and rows u need to define.. Only these will be displayed.. While in table u will define line type and number of line types will be extended if u have more data to be printed eve n new page will be triggered.

<b>Use</b>

Template-Displays texts for table cells of a static table

Table- Display table contents

Hope this explaination helps.

Regards,

Richa

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tables can grow dynamically based on the size of the internal table whereas templates are static, otherwise they are same.

Check this thread -

This will gives you complete hands on information on smartforms.

Regards,

Amit

Reward all helpful replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in simple word.

templates are Constants in nature .

tables are dynamic in nature.

Regards

Peram