cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do message splitting in a two steps mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

1. about 200~300 rows of results are returned from the JDBC sender adapter;

2. The messages need to be mapped to an intermediate message type;

3. The output messages will then need to go through another step of java mapping to become the target messages to the target interface.

My question is since my interface mapping consists of two steps of mapping (one message mapping and one java mapping), is it possible to implement the multiple mapping in this scenario to split the 200~300 rows of message into multiple small messages and then go through the java mapping?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Fay Tang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the java mapping program is shared with several other interface mapping and it's designed to deal with one input message; that's why I would like split the source message in the first place. Is this still possible?

Thanks!

Fay Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fay Tang,

If you need to use multiple mappings with in your Interface mapping, then the XML structure formed by the First mapping program should be similar to XML expected by the second mapping program.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This is possible. Just change the occurance of the target msg ( In your first graphical mapping) from 1..1 to 1..unbounded. Now you need to handle this N number of msgs in the Java mapping.

Regards,

Jai Shankar