cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call WD Application from another WD Appliction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how can we call webdynpro application from another wbdynpro application on click of a button in the same browser.

pls suggest

regards

vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishal..

if your question is ansewred kindly award points and close the thread.

Thanks and regards,

Rahul Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

All you have to do is make the application you want to call as an interface and expose the views and methods you need.You will find that in component controller there is a interface checkbox for each node just check it for whatever you want to expose to other components.do the same for the methods you want to expose.Note that only methods and nodes of component controller can be exposed.....then just enter this as a usage in your component controller and embedd the view you want to call and handle the plugs

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Refer the following thread:

Best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh,

pointer suggested by you does not provide solution to my requirement.

In my WDA from one of the view when I click on the button in that view I

completely want another WDA application in the same browser.

can this be achieved ? pls suggest

cheers

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Have u ever tried of embedding another wd...

Ucan do it...

Just create view and Priir to that go to your context controller and try to embed the wd application there and now go for its properties of the view u just created and embed the same now, and this view u might have already embedded in to a window .

Now go for that window and explore that for ur view and now right click and choose Embed View there. Embed the WDA which appears there for you.

Hope this works..

cheers

Kishore .K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishor,

can you pls elobrate on the steps you have mentioned, it is difficult to understand..

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Just try to Embed the another WD Component into Component Controller first.

And then Create a View and map it to window as U regularly do,

then in Window- Explore the tree until that View, now open Context Menu for Embed View Option and from the scroll U get search for that WD Component U wanna Embed.

U also have to handle Plugs here, Because the result application required some parameters to be passed that U do from ur first application by passing those values through Plugs.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I have the same requirement but i want to do it for WDA for ABAP.

If you have any document related to if please provide the link.

Regards,

Rahul