cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what changes are required for OSS note 456507

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

PLease advise me what changes are required for OSS note 456507 (Assign the function groups QOWK or ORFC in the authorization object S_RFC to tRFC/qRFC users).

I’m thinking of just going with the following additions to Role

AAAB – Cross Application Auth Objects

S_RFC

Activity – 16

Name of RFC - *

Type of RFC - *

But wanted to check what the implications of doing such a thing were, are there any negative points that you can think of opening up the access as above, as opposed to what was suggested in the OSS note?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sandhya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya,

S_RFC is needed in case of making any RFC calls.

Normally it is needed for users that are mentioned in RFC destinations.

As such mostly these users are system/communication users or super users.

Without giving access to function groups through S_RFC successful RFC call can´not be done.

Now the value of field name of RFC can be * but only for those users which are really global super users. In case you need this authorization for any selective functionality as in you case only for function groups QOWK or ORFC then you should try to restrict the access. Negatiity is only that in case of * the authorization access increases but for system or super users you dont need to worry too much really because with system/communication users no one can login and the super users will have sap_all generally. Also their passwords will be a well kept secret so that a miususe can not be made.

By global super users I mean users which are used for various types of activites.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your Reply. it' great help.

I have awarded the 10 points.

Regards,

Sandhya.

Former Member
0 Kudos