cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SRM 5.0- Downtime on production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning an upgrade to SRM 5.0. Currently we areon SRM 3.0 (EBP4.0), classic scenario.

I dont have much idea about upgrades. I went thro the upgrade guide for SRM. I can see that there are 2 main strategies for upgrade <i>downtime minimized</i> and <i>resource minimized</i>.

Can anyone give me an estimate or way to arrive at the downtime requirement for the production system if I use any of the strategies? is there a way to arrive at an approximate downtime which should be planned?

We currently have only the scenario self service procurement with classic scenario. All other follow on activities like GR, Invoicing etc. happens in R/3. SRM only stores shoppinng carts. On an average there are about 7000-8000SC's created in a month.

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srivatsan,

The differences between downtime minimized and the resource minimized is the first shutdown of the production system. For downtime minimized strategy it's the phase MODPROF_TRANS. And for resource minimized, it's either EU_import, or the START_SHDI_FIRST. But you can restart the soruce system(but not in production mode) after that until MODPROF_TRANS.

The downtime actually is depend on the hardware and the size of the database. It has nothign to do with the application. It's doing the table conversion and changing and keep them consistent.

To be safe, I would recommend you to plan at least a weekend for the downtime (after MODPROF_TRANS) if the database is not too big.

Regards,

Joe