cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating pages dynamically in interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working in Adobe Lifecycle designer integrated with webdynpro java.I want to know if it is possible to insert new pages dynamically into this interactive PDF form using Javascript.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!

I tried doing what Bala suggested but still i am not able to create a new page.

In the button click event i am writing the following code----EmployeeInfo._Page1.addInstance(0)

Do I have to make some changes in the properties of the Intearctive PDF form to get this working?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Temp,

What I meant by page was after all a Subform element. So, in your code I assume that "<i>Page1</i>" is the name of the Subform. Go to the Subform properties (i.e Object tab) and set the Content type to "<i>Postioned</i>" in the <i>Subform</i> tab. In the <i>Pagination</i> tab, set suitable values for "<i>Place</i>" and "<i>After</i>" properties (Ex. set values like "<i>Following Previous</i>" and "<i>Continue Filling Parent</i>" respectively). Finally, set <i>Default Binding</i> to "<i>Normal</i>" and check "<i>Repeat Subform for Each Data Item</i>" and specify <i>Min Count</i> to "<i>1</i>".

Let me know if it works.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Temp,

Yes,it is possible. Place the following piece of code on a button click event and see what happens.!! (<i>Read the comments carefully.</i>)

// Add a new content page by adding a new instance of it - Using Javascript

/**
1. form1 - Name of the form (You can find it as the top-most entry in the hierarchy tab).
2. _ContentPageSF - Name of the page for which use want to add a new instance. 
Please note that you must add the _ symbol as a prefix to the page name. 
3. addInstance(0) - arg indicates a boolean value. Setting it to 1 will cause any additional data 
to be merged with the new instance.
*/

form1._ContentPageSF.addInstance(0);

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi temp,

just u look it this page, i think it's a helpfull for u

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/was?rid=/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94aee2d

regards,

vino