cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert JPG to BMP using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to transfer the Image file from one Legacy System to SAP R/3 server which then ABAPers can utilize using TCode: <b>SE78</b>.

But here are the constraints -->

*) The Legacy System is providing the Image file in JPEG format <u>Only</u>.

*) SAP R/3 TCode : SE78, can <u>only</u> take the files in BMP format.

*) Even if you simply change the extension of JPEG file to BMP, then SAP R/3 is <u>not accepting</u> that file which suggest it needs typical BMP file only.

I referred this thread also

In this thread user actually resolves his problem after using a tool which explicitly converted a JPG to BMP but they are not using XI.

Now is their any way with which JPG can be converted to BMP. I found couple of tools but they require the file first ( using browse option ) & then they will convert it, mean you can't call them using XI & provide that file as an argument.

I just need to know what you all think, is it possible to convert the JPG to BMP using XI or not. Also are you aware of any Java/.NET which can actually take the Image file ( JPG format ) & convert it & provide it back.

Regards

- Lalit -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manuel_bassani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I've made a quick search and in my opinion the better thing you can do, is to create a Java routine to convert JPG to BMP.

you can use JAI (Java Advanced imaging) to read input stream (JPG format), and convert into a BMP format.

<a href="http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jai1_0_1guide.pdf">This PDF</a> contains the JAI documentation and some examples.

I hope it will help.

Best regards

Manuel

Answers (0)