cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver mail adapter doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use XIPAYLOAD as message protocol and selected the option Mail Package. In mapping, I fill the sender, receiver mail ids, subject, content.

Now, the content of the received mail is available from 12-15 fields from the input structure. I want to align this content in a paragraph format for readablity. How can I achieve this?

Also, there is a URL field available (eg: htttp://www.caritor.com). This appears as a plain text. But I need that as a hypertext in my mail, so that the user can navigate to the URL directly by clicking on that.

Thank You.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Now, the content of the received mail is available from 12-15 fields from the input structure. I want to align this content in a paragraph format for readablity. How can I achieve this?

believe this could be done with XSLT - but you need to try it

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thanks. Will work on using XSLT for this. Can you let me know your thoughts regarding the other problem(hyper text).

Your insights are highly appreciated.

Thank You.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jai,

the same thing:)

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-tipxslt.html

this page shows how to do internal links but you can do normal in the same way

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

1. Read through the blogs "Email Reporting" by Prakash Arunachalam. They show how you can do Mail Fomratting. If you set the Content Type as text/Html you can create HTML content and this will be displayed as you want in the corresponding mail.

This is done using XSL mapping. The hyperlink can also be reatined as the hyper link there.

2. Or, if you want you can wite a Udf, that will do this for you. For every new line, use "\n", for every tab "\t" etc as the content is mapped to the Content field.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal/Bhavesh,

Thanks a lot. Looks, I cant skip a XSL mapping here:-(

Regards,

Jai Shankar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are many trial xslt mapping tools you can check out

+ you will learn something new I guess this is the best part

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options , mail attatchment

Regards

Chilla