cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ....

I have created a new output routine saying that output should be proposed when there is no delivery block on order and assigned it to my new output type.

And it has been working fine.

Now my question is, when there is no delivery block O/P is being proposed. when i save it and go in the change mode i am <b>NOT</b> able to see the o/p ...... but where as if go in to display mode i am able to see that......

Any one has any idea why is this happening.......

Thanks in advance.......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

First remove the routine and then do the same test once again. If the output is seen now in change mode, then it has something to do with the routine itself.

Another thing is that, to block output trigger when there is a delivery block, i think a routine is not needed. A standard functionality of doing this is possible in Availability check/TOR one of these. You can also explore that.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

I have checked my routine, the prob is that in the custom routine we have specified to redetermine the output when we go into change mode, so when it tries to redetermine the output as requirement is not met it is not proposing output.

Thanks.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Maybe I explained the system behaviour not clear enough:

In Standard automatically determined outputs, which are not processed yet and cannot be found anymore (during a later output determination) are deleted:

Simplified there are three conditions:

1. Output message had been determined automatically (during an earlier output determination)

2. Output message is not processed yet

3. Output message cannot be found anymore (during a later output determination)! This is very important and I think you missed this third point in your reply.

You can proof my statement by checking the code: Output determination is done in function module MESSAGING. In here you will find include LV61BF0N, FORM NNAST_UEBERNEHMEN. The following lines of code are responsible for the system behaviour I describe:

IF xnast-nauto EQ yes " wiedergefunden oder nicht

AND xnast-manue EQ no " wiedergefunden

AND xnast-aktiv EQ no

AND xnast-updat EQ no

AND xnast-vstat EQ nicht_verarbeitet.

To find out, why the output message cannot be found anymore during a later output determination in change mode, one should have a look at the output determination analysis.

Hope this clarifies my statement.

Best regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I hope I understood your question correctly.

You created a document and the output type (for which you created your routine) has been found automatically by the system. You save your document and afterwards in display mode you can see your output type in the document. The status is yellow (not processed yet), right?

In change mode, when you navigate to the output message sceen, the output type is not displayed anymore.

When you navigate to the output message screen in change mode a new output determination is executed. Now obviously the output type cannot be found anymore!

In Standard <u>automatically determined outputs</u>, which are <u>not processed yet</u> and <u>cannot be found anymore</u> (during a second output determination) are deleted!

So I suggest that you have a look at the output determination analysis on the output message screen, when you look at your document in change mode in order to find the reason, why the output message cannot be found anymore.

I hope this clarifies the system behaviour.

Best regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I don't agree with your statement on output type not being displayed in change mode if they are still in "Not processed" status. Because the not processed status is solely stating that the dispatch time is not immediate (when saving the order). And everytime we have output determination happening, all the outputs which fullfil the requirements will come on the output screen at sales order. When we go thru change mode, yes I agree output determination happens again but all the outputs which were initially present will be present.