cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of one field in User field tab of WBS master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is one requirement given by our Client. In WBS master data , the user need to use the user fields to add one more fields "Division".

The Key field of user fields needs to be changed from "text 1" to "Division" and its Japanese description.For manual input, user want to have the pull down list for this fields. They would be able to select it from using "F4".

Secondly our Client has certain Z transaction to upload WBS plan data. For data upload, Client want user to avoid mass human mistake. In stead of given error in the upload job log, the user wants to avoid it from the beginning. They assume to use some category (like 001, 002.....) in theupload file. The uploaded WBS data will show the text like bus,cab.....etc.

Has anybody came across similar scenario.

Any pointers on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

In OPS1 you can customize your field key and change the user field from 'text1' to 'Division'.

In order to apply the F4 search help to user fields, you can use BADI WBS_USER_FIELDS_F4. You will find further information on the BADI and the implementation procedure in SAP Note 699400.

Hope this helps

Regards

Martina Modolell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs once again.

About second part, please let me know whether it is possible or not.

Actually, for data upload our Client has existing upload z programs.Now for e.g. while entering division data from upload file,client wants user to avoid mass human mistake. Hence this data should be some numerical no. like 001,002 equivalent for different divisions like Bus,truck etc...This division data when gets uploaded should appear in the form of text i.e Bus,Truck.

Can this be possible? If yes , how can it be done?

Regards

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got reply. We have standard customized upload programs which can be used for downloading division data.

Regards

Tushar