cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a custom Time Series.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create a custom Time Series.

I need to create a semiweekly (weekly twice) Time Series.

I have followed the following procedure.

a) From T-Code SPRO, I created a Fiscal Year Variant. The created variant is Year Depended and number of postings is 104. Then in Periods, I have defined the 104 periods.

b) I Created a Storage Bucket profile, specified periodicity as Day and Post Period. And the variant as the one created in Step a.<b> While creating Storage Bucket profile, there is a Time Stream Id to be mentioned (optionally). What is the significance of this?</b>

c) Now I have to define a Planning bucket Profile (Time Series)

The fields are

1) Number

2) Basic Periodicity

3) FYV2

4) Display periodicity

5) FYV1

Here it won’t accept User Defined Periodicity for DP.

d) Now while creating Planning Area, the storage profile specified is the one create in Step b.

e) While creating Planning book, in the Data view section, <b>I mention the Time Series created in Step b as the Time Series profile.</b>

But when I open the Planning book/ View in IDP, I am not able to see the data in semiweekly period, but is shown on day period, with 104 periods (i.e. 104 days)

Now the questions are

<b>1) Are the steps followed by me right?

2) Am I missing something?

3) While creating a time series, what is the significance of columns as mentioned in Step C.

4) How can I see a semiweekly display of data in IDP?</b>

Since there is not much material or examples available on Time Stream, Storage Bucket profile, it is a little difficult to solve these problems.

<b>Can I get some examples or materials on this problem?</b>

Regards,

Vikas

Vikas.sreedharan@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This answers your (C).

I have taken this from help.

Time buckets profile ID

Defines the time buckets in which data is displayed and planned in Demand Planning or Supply Network Planning. A planning buckets profile contains the periodicities or a subset of the periodicities that you defined in the storage buckets profile.

Creation and Use of a Planning Buckets Profile

The first row defines the entire length of the time horizon. You make entries in the columns Number (of periods) and Display periodicity. The content of the other columns is displayed automatically when you press Enter. To see exactly which buckets will be displayed in interactive planning, choose Period list. Do not include any periodicity that is not in the storage buckets profile.

Having created planning bucket profiles, you use them to define the future planning horizon and the past horizon by entering them in a planning book: one for the future planning horizon and one for the past horizon. The system displays the horizons in interactive planning by starting with the smallest time bucket and finishing with the largest time bucket. The future horizon starts with the smallest time bucket, on the planning horizon start date, and works forwards, finishing with the largest time bucket. The past horizon starts with the smallest time bucket the day before thestart of the future horizon and works backwards, finishing with the largest time bucket:

<--

|--

>

Past horizon Future planning horizon

Example

Number of Basic Fiscal year Display Fiscal year

periods periodicity variant of perio- variant of

basic period dicity display periodicity

2 - - Y -

1 Y - M -

2 M - W -

In the above example, the time horizon spans two years. Of these two years, the first year is displayed in months. The first two months of this year are displayed in weeks.

******************************************************************************************

(b) Storage Bucket Profile- Seems fine.

Time Stream id is used so that you can specify holidays, time zone, working times.

Look for time stream calendar- TRansaction: /n/sapapo/calendar.

If you need more details let me know..

*******************************************************************************************

(d) PLANNING AREA:-You define the STORAGE BUCKET PROFILE

******************************************************************************************

(e) PLANNING BOOK- DATA VIEW:

You mention the Planning Bucket Profile which you have created.

*******************************************************************************************

(c) Look at this snapshot- I think you should be able to configure based on this.

• I dont have access to create a FISCAL VARIANT. Otherwise I would have prototyped and let you know the exact values. However I think this should work****

<b>Download the word document from this website and GOOD LUCK..</b>

http://download.yousendit.com/617F0602271A5A9C

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

• Would Appreciate- If someone who has access also tries out in their system and provide some feedback***

Message was edited by:

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your help and effort.

Your word doc was helpfull a lot.

I had a little bit difficulty in getting the word document, as the site yousendit.com was blocked from office.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar Ayyagari,

Iam unab,e to downlaod the word document which u have posted on yousendit ..as it was saying that the file was expired...

Can u send me the docement...

My id is shivaram.sap@gmail.com

Thanks in advance....

S ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikas,

Thanks for the information....

s ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas or Shima, can you please send me that word file as well at DaveJCutler@gmail.com

Thanks!

Does anyone know what check marking PostPeriod means in the Storage Buckets Profile? What about Fi. Year Variant?

Answers (0)