Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between different Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

Can any body let me know the difference between Commercial invoice,

Tax Invoice & Retail Invoice in terms of Bussiness as well as SAP.

Regards

sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might only be change of name in the SAP script. Functionally both are invoice, which may require difference in printing on the output.

In SAP, we have different Billing Type, but the invoice type you are speaking of is common in Indian Scenario. Both may be different output of billing type.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

A commercial invoice is a bill for the goods from the seller to the buyer. Commercial invoices are utilized by customs officials to determine the value of the goods in order to assess customs duties and taxes.

In general there is no standard form for a commercial invoice although they tend to contain many of the following features:

seller's contact information

buyer's contact information

consignee's contact information (if it is different from the buyers)

invoice date

a unique invoice number

sales terms (usually in incoterm format)

payment terms

currency of sale

full quantities and description of merchandise (Generally this includes unit price and total price. Product descriptions should be consistent with the buyer's purchase order. Including the Harmonized System commodity codes can be helpful, especially in countries that are WTO members.)

certification that the invoice is correct (Standard language is "We certify that this invoice is true and correct."

Excise Invoice is charged on the sale of a particular good.

For Combination of creating 2-3 invoices we need to maintain the same

- Payer.

- Shedule Lines.

- Payments Terms .

Excise invoice “Original for Buyer copy”, whether prices are inclusive or exclusive of excise duty.

The invoice in which the Excise duties are included.

As per Indian tax system, Excise duty (16%) is payable by each manufacturing unit on the value of manufactured goods / on the value added. The manufacturing plant is supposed to submit an excise duty report on fortnightly / monthly basis. Various registers (RG1, RG23A, RG23C, PLA) are maintained for that purpose, which record all the transactions including movement of goods, cenvat credit available and cash balance available.

In SAP, we use transaction j1id for configuration and j1iin, j2i7, j1i5, j2i5, j2i6, j1ip for creating, extracting and printing excise invoice.

Rewards Points if it useful.