cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a build warning concerning name reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing a Web Dynpro application using JDI (NWDI I believe it is called now...) scenario 2+. And when performing a DC build we receive the following warning message:

Packages com.meridium.rcmo com.meridium.rcmo.dataaccess com.meridium.rcmo.dataaccess.transferobjects com.meridium.rcmo.jaxme.data com.meridium.rcmo.jaxme.data.impl com.meridium.rcmo.utilities are not reserved for DC : rcmo/mrcmo.

This message seems to indicate that something is missing from the configuration of our name server but I'm really not sure. We did configure the name server and all other projects will build without this warning. The packages and java source files in question were imported from the file system into the src/packages folder of this web dynpro application. Any help you can provide to eliminate this nagging build warning (warnings make me nervious ) would be much appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

The message indicates that these package names are not reserved yet. Package names in a DC can be reserved, to ensure uniqueness and avoid name-conflicts. To reserve package names, go to the Development Configurations perspective, and in the "Inactive DCs" view under the "DC Definition" node of your Web Dynpro DC you will see a node "Package Names". Using the context menu on this node you can reserve the package names of your DC.

Although the package names have the reverse domain name (like "com.sap.") which guarantees uniqueness across domains, you may wish to further ensure that within your domain these package names are unique - for this, you can use this name reservation feature of our Name Server.

More information about name reservation can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/df/2761930dd9b74a85198f9e48850046/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solved the problem. Thanks for your reply.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

what´s wrong if I don´t see the node "Package Names"? My NWDS only shows

Access List

Child DCs

Folders

Used DCs

I´m using SP09 resp. NWDS 2.0.9

Thanks in advance

Helmut

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

This means that this DC does not contain any java packages. For instance, a DC of type J2EE Enterprise application will not contain the "Package Names" node, while a Java DC with some packages will contain this node under "DC Definition".

Regards,

Manohar

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Helmut

Answers (0)