cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To setup oracle datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I'm a newbie and triying out netweaver java 2004s Application server SP9 download.

I want to configure an oracle datasource using the admin. Is there any document that tells how to do it. There are 3 options - driver, connection pool and XA based. When should these be used. Also there is an option for OpenSQL, vendor SQL. There is also an entry for library in the configuration. Where should the oracle driver be placed in the classpath.

Thanks for your time and help,

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I'm a newbie took me sometime to figure out how to configure the resources and particularly how to use the visual Administrator. After that it was very easy.

Now I have to try to use the JMS resources. this forum is very useful since once I started getting the exception, there are good resources to figure out the resolution.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b0/6e62f30cbe9e44977c78dbdc7a6b27/frameset.htm">this</a> document and let me know if it helps or if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will look into it.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladmir:

I'm using the configuration tab of the default port 50000. When I'm trying to fill in the resource details, I see entires for Data Source Type, Driver Library, SQL Engine etc. What is Driver Library and how to define it. I guess this shold point to the classes12_01.zip. Should I give the absolute location of the driver archive here.

Also When I click on the create -> Resources , There is an entry for Application. Can I live this empty. If that can be done, is the datasource is available for all the applications.

Also I want to do a lookup of this datasource from a simple java client. Is this possible.

How is the JNDI name defined for the DataSources. I dont see any entry for the JNDI Name.

Sorry I have lot of questions. Thanks for your precious time and help,

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valdmir:

I found how to use the Visual Administrator today.

I'm getting the following exception :

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: exception during lookup ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

at com.sap.savvion.ejb.FirstSBBean.firstMethod(FirstSBBean.java:53)

at com.sap.savvion.ejb.FirstSBObjectImpl0.firstMethod(FirstSBObjectImpl0.java:119)

... 10 more

I added in the additional properties as below:

ServerName

PortNumber

DataBaseName

User

Password

as mentioned in the article.

Could you help me with some pointers.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladmir:

I'm able to get the DataSource working with the following changes:

For the ObjectFactory I had not to fill any information.

Changed from OpenSQl to Vendor SQL

also used the URL property instead of ServerName, DatabaseName and PortNumber.

Thanks for your help again,

Regards

Ravi