cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate BW/BI with XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

i have been through three "How to" documents and now m kinda confused:)

well first of all i went through the follwoing 2 which r based upon NW2004

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e698aa90-0201-0010-7982-b49... BW to XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21... XI to BW

Now in the second "How to",it says that we can simply create the RFC in BW and import this RFC and use it on the inbound side.

but in the first one we have to do lots of work on BW side itself(process chain,process type etc) and we dont create any RFC,instead we create a data type on the outbound side.can't we simply create RFC here too and import that in XI?

the XI to BW on 2004s(https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40574601-ec97-2910-3cba-a0fdc10f4dce) is pretty much same as that for 2004 but i couldn't find any links for BW to XI on 2004s.

can anybody please tell me how we are supposed to do BW to XI in 2004s(is it same as that for 2004?if yes, then do we need to do all the steps on BW side or its done by BW consultants?)

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx guys

looks like i need to know BW a bit to push data from BW to XI.

regards

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Exactly correct it is kind of Push data from BW to Xi not pull data XI from BW.

With XI you can only push data in BW. BW system is not able to pull the data through XI. If a reconstruction is needed (changed business logic or other) PSA data will be foundamental or Source system with XI must be able redirect all the history data.

But in case you want to push data in BW, XI is a good way to do that.

See the above second link

/people/sergio.locatelli2/blog/2006/10/15/integration-sap-bi-and-xi-a-critical-point-of-view

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Chilla

well i guess pushing data into BW from XI is not that hard,the 'How to Guide' is quiet simple to understand ,but i m stuck with pushing data from BW to XI,we need to do some configuration steps in BW and i guess without suffecient knowledge of BW it might be a bit hard.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes exactly ,

contact your BW consultants and ask them , i worked on diff requirement , , the configurationin BW is depends upon the requirement.

Regards

Chilla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do BW to Xi, You may have little bit of BW knowledge also, why because how the OLAP data is coming / pushing from BW to XI..

Try to see the below links

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

/people/sergio.locatelli2/blog/2006/10/15/integration-sap-bi-and-xi-a-critical-point-of-view

/people/marian.harris/blog/2005/06/23/need-to-get-a-sap-netweaver-component-implemented-quickly-try-sap-best-practices

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/08/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode1

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/12/02/innovative-ways-to-use-alerts

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/access-netweaver-how-to-guides-from-one-consolidated-page

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/14/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode2

Regards

Chilla

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Prateek

but this is XI to BW which i already have,i m actually looking for BW to XI for 2004s,my main concern is as we can import the RFC in XI to BW,cant we import RFC for BW to XI too?

thanx

ahmad