cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD pricing based on Batch characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement whereby the pricing in the billing document is dependent on the batches in the delivery document. Eg. For a single material, I may two batches each one having its % of impurities - 2% for the Batch 1, and 5% for Batch 2 in the delivery document. For this reason, Batch 1 should have Price 1 and Batch 2 should have Price 2 in the billing document. How will I configure this? At the time of Sales order, I do not know my exact price(since the batch details are not known), hence, I will be giving just a base price. The actual prices are to be calculated in the billing document based on batch characteristics(in the delivery document).

I would appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Karan. I am aware of using the Batch as part of my key combination for pricing. However, in such cases, I need to create new condition records for each batch and my batches are going to keep growing(new batches are going to be created with each production lot).

My requirement is to have a price based on batch characteristics. My billing document should pull in the batch characteristic from the delivery document and use the same for pricing the batch line items. My billing doc will have batch 1 line item and batch 2 line item. Batch 1 had its own characteristic and batch 2 also has its own characteristic. The pricing for each of the batches is dependent on the respective batch characteristic.

Thanks.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

As far as I know,Pricing can only be calculated based on condition record.

I could understand that you have to maintain based on characterstics and my suggestion is you can only do it with variant configuration.

But in that case you will not be able to use batch because you can either assign class of variant type or Batch type to you material.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim.,

Karan is right

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Design an access sequence such that Material & Batch area part of access (table) & maintain condition record for the same.

Regards.

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Y don`t you think about exploring the option of requirement in your pricing strategy. Further, customize ur billing doc. type to carry out new pricing thus you would be able to ensure that the pricing s carried out in billing.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan/Narayana,

Thanks for your replies. I intend to make the appropriate batch characteristics as part(s) of my key combination in pricing in the billing document. Condition records will be maintained for this combination. I do not want to use variant configuration for my scenario(due to its high complexity) if I am able to use pricing based on batch characteristics. To add batch characteristics, I may have to extend some of the std tables but I cannot see any other option.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please reward points if the replies given on the forum have helped you.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can maintain your condition record in VK11 on the following combinations:

Material /Batch

This access sequence can be created by making your own condition tables in transaction V/03.

While doing billing ,you can carry out new pricing.

Suppose you have a condition type PR00 in sales order and you are also maintaining access sequence for this purpose then this access sequences should be such that when you carry out pricing at billing the same values should not be copy to billing.

Then the system would take the value of second access sequence from VK11.

Your second access sequence will be Material/Batch and the condition in the billing document will be picked based on them.

Regards

Karan