cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc and http adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All we know that idoc and http adapters reside on ABAP stack. In case of scenarios using these adapters we don't need sender agreement and outbound interfacce. But still we need communication channel where we will configure the adapters. Please correct me if I am worng.

Similarly in case of receiver agreement we don't need receiver agreement and inbound interface. But still we need receiver communicaion channel where we will configure the adapters.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>But still we need communication channel where we will configure the adapters.

NO,we dont need sender communication channel and sender agreeemnt for HTTP and IDOC,other than that we need everything namely,outbound /inbound interface for HTTP(IDOC can be directly used in mapping so no need of interface for IDOC).we need receiver agreement,receiver communication channel etc

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply ! If we don't need communication channel, then where will we configure idoc adapter ?? Again there are 2 options available in idoc adapter (like sender and receiver) to use. Could you please tell me with example where these 2 options will be useful ??

Thanks in advance

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>If we don't need communication channel, then where will we configure idoc adapter ??

u dont configure IDOC sender adapter:),actually when u test ur IDOC to File or any IDOC sender scenario,u goto WE19 on the R/3 side and specify control parameters when u push the IDOC from R/3,its this control structure which has the info abour XI server and IDOC reached XI,then it looks for logical system in SLD,once after that it finds the corresponding Business system for the logical system and then the interface and thats how IDOC reaches ur scenario.

>>Again there are 2 options available in idoc adapter (like sender and receiver) to use

the sender radio button for IDOC has bene provided by SAP taking into considerations and future enhancements where u have to give sender Communication channel for IDOC.we only use the receiver radio button,but to keep all the adapters consistant in appearance and to facilitate future enhancements SAP has provided the sender radio button,we dont use it in any scenario.for a File to IDOC scenario u will configure the IDOC as receiver.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ahmed ! your answer is very precise. As you said in case of file-xi-idoc scenarios we will use idoc adapter and there we will mention as receiver. So is it like that in this case we also need communication channel and receiver agreement ?? And we will use idoc structure as inbound interface. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In case of idoc-xi-file like scenarios we don't at all need communication channel and sender agreement. we will use idoc strucutre as outbound interface. Please correct me if I am wrong ??

Thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>> And we will use idoc structure as inbound interface. Please correct me if I am wrong.

yes,but u dont explicitly have to create a interface for IDOC under message interface in IR,u can directly use IDOC as an interface

>> we will use idoc strucutre as outbound interface. Please correct me if I am wrong ??

Yes,here too ,we dont explicitly define any outbound interface for IDOC under message interface in IR,just think that the IDOC itself is interface.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ahmed ! but you have paratially answered to my previous question. In case of file-xi-idoc like scenario ....we need receiver agreement and also communication channel ?? Pleaes correct me if I am wrong.

thanks again.

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,we need both receiver communication channel and receiver agreement.

thanx

ahmad

Answers (0)