cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax not sent instead parking in SAP office outbox (Z prog. & SAP Script)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me on the following issue, Thanks in advance.

We have recently upgrade our SAP R/3 system from 3.1I to ECC 5.0 and there is a program that will extract PO details and send it to vendor via fax using a Z program & a sap script. It worked in old 3.1 system & all the vendors used to get the fax details of their respective POs. Now after upgrade to ECC5.0, we have a problem i.e. the fax is not sent to the vendors instead they parking in the logon/executed user SAP office Outbox. The SAP connect in new system is properly configured and the normal POs through standard transactions(ME22) are directly going to vendor through fax. Please let me know if any settings are to be done.

Appreciate you help in advance.

Thanks,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atish,

The SCOM is not available in ECC5.) but the equivalent on SCOT is there & I would check your suggestion of test faxing. Yes the fax is printed on machine when I manually trigger from SAP outbox i.e. using SEND option and it is using the third party tool as well.

In the previous old system it used to print directly on destinated fax machine.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Can you just put a COMMIT WORK statement in your program after the send code.

I think it should solve your problem.

Let me know what happened.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atish,

Yes you are right, the problem is fax which is sent using Z report is just parked in SAP and you are able to see it in SCOT/SOST. Instead it is going & sitting in SAP office outbox.

The Z program uses SAP script layout, in Z program the open form is called with Device = 'TELEFAX' . We have daily scheduled job that executes this Z program & where in it needs to be sent to vendors, the problem here is when executed fax is not going through to Vendors & it is neither found in SCOT/SOST. It instead found in the SAP office outbox. In the same system environment I tested for standard PO faxing through PO messages choosing the right parameters like fax medium, etc. it worked, the PO details are faxed & printed. Hope you got my problem.

Just FYI, I have rewarded as helpful answer(6 pts) & really appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

There is a standard transaction SCOM to send the test fax from an ABAP program. Can you just have a look at that program and compare your Z program with the same. You may be able to find out the issue.

Also as you said earlier the fax are parked in SAP outbox, and when you manually execute them the fax is going through. At this stage is it still using the third party tool, and once you manually process the fax are you able to see it is SOST/SCOT?

Also can you please check what was happening in the earlier system, was the fax used to come in SCOT/SOST?

Hope you got the points.

Hope it helps.

Please get back if you are still facing the issue.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atish.

Yes, we are using Genifax and they have been properly set up because the standard POs are successfully sent out fax to vendors(i.e output type: NEU & trannmission medium '2' fax). I tested triggering a new output type message in one of the PO & the fax has been printed successfully.

The problem is when we use a Z report for sending the the fas using the script(i.e o-pen form with device 'TELEFAX'), the fax is not going through. It is just parking in the SAP office outlook. From their if we trigger it's going through but it's a two step process. Earlier in old version it used to work.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

If I am not wrong in understanding your issue, then the problem is fax which is sent using Z report is just parked in SAP and you are able to see it in transaction SOST.

That means there should be a background job running to pick the fax from SOST and send them.

Please check all the backgrounf jobs.

If the job is not scheduled, schedule one for the program RSCONN01.

Reward all the helpful answers.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Are you using any third party tool to send the fax?

There has been lot many changes in SAP Connect in the newer version as compare to 3.1 where SAP connect was not there.

Please check all your configuration in SCOT.

Regards,

Atish