cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Web AS 6.20 ABAP Engine 3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible to get this working in 700MHz laptop with 256mb ram? I'm very intrested to learn more about ABAP but i don't have more powerfull computer at home than this and i was thinking to install mini webas to it and learn more.

Regards,

Jussi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following are the Requirements.

General Requirements

Operating System:

Windows 2000 (Service Pack2 or higher);

Windows XP (Home or Professional);

Windows NT

Linux

Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher

At least 192 MB RAM (recommended to have 256 MB of RAM)

At least 512 MB paging file

At least 3.2 GB disk space (recommended to have 6 GB hard disk drive space)

(120 MB DB software, 2.9 GB SAP data, 100 MB SAP GUI + temporary free space for the installation)

The file C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows 2000) or

C:\Windows\system\32\drivers\etc\services (Windows XP) must not include an entry for port 3600.

No SAPDB must be installed on your PC.

The hostname of the PC must not be longer than 13 characters.

The Network must be configured for installation and

the MS Loopback Adapter must be configured when you start the system without a network connection!

Special Requirements for Installations on Windows XP

In the file C:\Windows\system\32\drivers\etc\hosts the current IP address and the host name must be defined as

<IP address><Host name>

Open the network connectivity definition with start->control panel->network connections for defining the network connection. Select ->extended-> allow other users in network. Activate new configurations.

Select remote desktop within extended configuration menu.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I found also theese but there was nothing about the processor itself. I think that i will try to add memory to 512 MB to get it work better before installing.

-Jussi-

Former Member
0 Kudos

THe processor you have should be fine with 512MB

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CPU is not as critical for WAS as memory. What you really need is memory, otherwise your WAS start to swap and slow down you PC completely.

My experience with MiniWAS 6.20 that CPU is needed for swaping (well, I have also only 256Mb Memory:-( ) and for compiling.

You might gain some performance if you have a separate disk for swap.

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry Jussi, The processor is OK(bit slow). Don't use any processes other than SAP while or after installation.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will work but it will be very very very very slow. You'll need to be sure there are basically no other processes running on the laptop I've had it running on PIIIm 1000 with 512 and it was OK performance.