cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ITS in WAS 6.40 and EP 6.0 SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a problem with the connection to ITS from Portal 6.0.

Exactly, the problem is:

When I create a iviews with the transaction template the page return a error message: <b>"404 resource is not found".</b>

So I check the configuration in the system BW across SICF transaction and all service of gui is started.

When I check of test service in the same transaction, the URL Page return de webgui screen, but display this message

<b>"Invalid host name for issuing SSO2 ticket"</b>

Is very important resalt that I configured in the system landscape the connection to ITS in the alias SAP_BW.

I used this parameters:

Hostname: sapbw:8000

path= I leave in blank because the version WAS is 6.40

protocol= HTTP

But When I test of connection the portal display the follow error message

<b>1. The system object represents an SAP system.

2. The following parameters are not valid: wap.ITS.path () ; wap.ITS.protocol () ; wap.ITS.hostname ()</b>

Is very important solve this problem, please!!! Help ME!!!

Thanks,

Dayana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayana,

Is your problem solved? If so, please grant reward points to helpful SDN user postings and mark this topic as answered.

Best regards,

Henning.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think what is missing is FQDN(fully qualified domain name)

instead of sapbw:8000

try something like sapbw.<domain>.com:8000

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not solved.

I change the hostname to sapbw.makro.com:8000 but the problem continue.

I did this test but I do not work either.

At present I can see deals of my system BW across SAP web Transaction Gui but cannot see deal of the system R3

The configuration that I have is: in a server there is installed SAP R3 4.7 and in another server I have installed SAP BW 3.5, WAS 6.4 an Portal NW 6.0 SP 9

How can I do the configuration of ITS for that it could see information of my system R3?

I have active all service of ITS.

In the portal is define a system in the system landscape to SAP BW and SAP R3 with this parameters:

ITS Host Name= sapbw.makro.com:8000

ITS Path= /sap/public/bc/gui/its/webgui

ITS Protocol = HTTP

I will appreciate your collaboration.

Regards,

Dayana

Thank you

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dayana,

Just to understand your question correcty, you are trying to use the BW ICM to serve content from an R/3 4.7 backend system?

To my knowledge, I dont think this is possible. You have to front R/3 4.7 with a standalone ITS system (such as 6.20).

Hope this helps,

Marty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marty,

Thanks you for you answer.

Can I configure the ITS system 6.4 to that take the information of my System R3 4.7?

Although they are in independent servers?

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe somebody else on the board can chime in, but I dont think you can point a WAS 6.40 integrated ITS at a R/3 4.7 system in order to serve content. I thought for any R/3 release below WAS 6.40, you needed to use < ITS 6.20.

Hope this helps,

Marty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Marty.

I put 10 points for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marty,

absolutely correct. Even if both system were 6.40, you could not point the ITS from one system to the other one. The "integrated" ITS can only be used with the system it is integrated in.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (0)