cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Common Store for SAP Implementation VS IXOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, great idea for a forum.

We are currently choosing between IBM CommonStore and IXOS for our Image Repository, Document Attachment and Archiving solution.

Our team has extensive experience with IXOS and limited experience with IBM CommonStore and IBM Content Manager.

In a situation where 1000s of returned invoices and correspondences a day will be imaged and inserted into the repository and indexed into PS-CD we need to decide if the dollars saved in going with CommonStore will be spent getting our solution up to the integration level that is delivered with IXOS.

Does anyone here have experience with both or has anyone gotten CommonStore working up to a full production level with QA workflows and CRM viewing enabled?

Any experience getting CommonStore fully functional with a mass invoicing scenario?

Any help will be appreciated.

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

john_walls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greg,

All certified vendors that use SAP ArchiveLink would basically have the same level of integration in SAP. It should take you no longer to implement one over the over, the sap configuration is the same. It really comes down to the experience of the implementation team.

The IBM CommonStore solution is SAP ArchiveLink certified and provides an enterprise wide imaging repository without the need for additional products and licensing.

If you want to look at just the scanning front end, IBM uses a scanning front end that supports OCR from such vendors as Kofax and Captiva. IXOS Enterprise scan can only scan and hand the images over to another OCR solution, thus scanning the same documents twice.

I am familiar with both solutions; I was the past IXOS imaging team lead for 5 years.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in regards to "QA workflows and CRM viewing enabled?"

CRM is archiveLink enabled!

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I asked about CRM because our licensing quote from IXOS includes CRM specific licenses. But I guess it is not a technical solution for CRM so much as a licensing mechanism.

We will be using an existing scanning infastructure that is OCR enabled, its dealing with the masses of output from that system and getting it into the repository and archive link that concerns me the most.

Thanks again for your detailed reply.

Answers (0)