cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving files with XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following request from my client: How to move huges instructed file from directories.

My client is receiving files from a third party. They contain pictures (among others). We need to:

1) virus scan the file

2) Unzipp the files

3) Take each individual files

4) And moving it to (without reading the content) a specific directory for further processing.

I presume that the FF adapter need to use !?!?

Beside writing a shell script … What is the best solution (using XI) ?

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michel,

Here there are two things:

i) Move the file directly

If you want to move the file directly without doing anything whatever you get then move it follow this weblog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

ii) if you want to scan, unzip, take each file then:

for scanning: Write a shell script for scanning the file and dropping it in a different location

for unzipping: You have to write a shell script or the Operating system command to unzip the file. Also check this weblog for some help on this:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

to transfer each file follow the above weblog given in point i.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you just want to move the file to another location and then process and want to use XI for that then follow the link below..

<a href="/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover XI acting as a (huge) file mover</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, I read that blog. But honestly, I do not see the point ... Writing code in XI to move file vs. writing the same code outside XI ... There is no (absolute) gain do it in XI.

I guess, my question is: Is it possible to move file around using XI without have to write code (only configuring the adapter) ?

Merci !