cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the '1' from dialed fax numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Quick question.. how can I configure the system so that it does not automatically add a '1' before the area code when faxing? I've managed to setup everything for SMTP based faxing and the only issue we're having now is that the faxing software also adds a '1' before the area code... unfortunately we can't easily change that as it would affect a lot of people.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the standard there is no option for removing leading numbers from fax addresses in case of SMTP faxing.

The only option would be to modify the landcodes. /* I am not sure wether this would work, as I have not tested this */

Go To Tr. SCOT >> Settings >> Country Code.

Here you find the landcodes. Delete the 1 from the given land entry.

>> Test thre results.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dezso,

Thanks for your reply. I did try that earlier but unfortunately it gives a hard error when there's a blank/non value in that field. I ended up going into debug mode and going through the logic step by step and there simply doesn't appear to be a way to do this short of making a modification. We'll just have to figure out how to configure our SMTP faxing system to only add the leading 1 if it isn't already present.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunatelly there is no other way to go, as in case of SMTP faxing you can not configure in which country the FAXServer resides. So it is not possibble to decide at SAP side when to add landcode and when not.

In SMTP Faxing the idea was to use canonical FAX Number format, as it should have the same format in all countries. Usually faxservers can handle canonical number formats.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution ended up being changing the destination from $@faxmaker.com to +$@faxmaker.com -- that let the faxing software treat the leading '1' appropriately. Thanks!