Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>[ I am running WD4A on a Netweaver 7.00 level 11 ]</i><br><br>

I wonder if this is a normal behavior :<br>

<ul>

<li>I first define some nodes/attributes in a component interface context</li>

<li>Then create a component which implements this interface</li>

<li>The context of the newly created component does not contain the nodes/attributes of the interface. Is this a normal behavior ?</li>

</ul>

<br>

Second question : It is impossible to set a node as an interface node inside a component interface context. Why ? What is the concept behind it?

<br><br>

Thank you very much for your help, <br>

<br>

Sincerely,<br><br>

Olivier MATT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Let me quickly answer your two questions:

1. You need to hit the "implement" button to copy over the content of the interface to the component.

2. Everything is always public in an interface. Otherwise, the interface would be without much use. Hence, there's no need to define nodes as public. They are public automatically.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

1. Do you mean the "reimplement" button? (I did it and nothing was copied - or maybe there is a button I did not see yet!)

2. I am not sure I understand your answer correctly; Do you mean that all nodes of componentinterfaces are "interface nodes" ? Then why is the "interface node" flag set to false (and also not modifiable) for any nodes that I can create within componentinterfaces ? (this is then somehow confusing to me)

Regards,

Olivier MATT

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

1. yes, the reimplement button... probably you will need to resolve some conflicts manually (a popup will appear if there are any).

2. I agree, it's confusing, but has been fixed meanwhile (verified it in our internal system).

Best regards,

Thomas