cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI 3.0 Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bonjour a tous et a toutes,

Q1) When we say: We will execute a message that has a weight of 650KB 200 time a day. Since this is raw data and in SAP XI, (msg) are being represented in XML, Is there anyone who know if the SAP quick sizer tool is “XML-lizing” the weight of the document ? a 650KB msg worth much more (size wise) in XML.

Q2) Is there a sizing tool for SAP XI 7.0 ?

Merci !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michel,

Check this sizing guide and it is same for XI3.0 and PI7.0 also:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/72e2bb90-0301-0010-e883-c39...

For your example you have to put the size of this message as 650 * 200 * 2. Because your 650KB message when flows in XI we are counting as double the size with xml tags. It is only the approximate count not the exact count. You put this result in your sizing guide.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

This is what i was looking for!

So for each msg weight, i need to double it in order cover the "XML wrap up" in XI ?

A+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michel,

If you want to know the exact weight of the xml message you run your scenario. Then open the source message and on the source message right click and view source. Then copy it in a notepad and save it. Then check the properties of the file which says an approximate size of the xml message. Always for safer side just the count the size more than what it is shown.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

But ... i am in a sizing exercise ... all of the integration scenario are still under technical desing...

I am wondering if we could (to play safe), double the raw data message size in order to cover the fact that it will be use (by XI) in an XML format

Thank again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good Michel.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quicksizer tool is based on XML Sizing only.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer does sizing for SAP XI 7.0.

Thanks,

Tanuj