Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encription

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am doing an interface with 3rd party.

fetch files from their server and post into SAP.

3rd party are insisting on using PGP encription.

can anyone tell me how exactly this encription works.

who needs to install wat software?

who posses what keys?

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

<i><b>I am doing an interface with 3rd party.fetch files from their server and post into SAP.</b></i>

If you only get the files from 3rd party then only thing you have to do is to decrypt the files in XI and send to SAP. If you want to send them files then you have to encrypt the files and send them. But in your case only decryption you need.

<b><i>3rd party are insisting on using PGP encription.</i></b>

XI dont support PGP encryption and decryption. But you can using PGP encryption at OS level with the help of XI. Install the PGP software in XI and write the OS command for decryption at OS level. Call this command in File adapter after or before message processing.

PGP Encryption:

We get the normal text file from R3. Then we have written two XI interfaces here. My first interface will pick from R3 and encrypts the file and drops it in another location of R3. In this interface I have given OS command before message processing. This will pick the file and do the encryption.

<b><i>can anyone tell me how exactly this encription works.</i></b>

You dont need encryption becuase you are not sending files to the 3rd party. You only need decryption.

<i><b>who needs to install wat software?</b></i>

Ask your basis guys to install this software on the XI box.

<i><b>who posses what keys?</b></i>

3rd party will have the private key and your company will have the public key. It is the other way round if you send them the files as encrypted.

Hope this helps you to give some idea on this.

---Satish

manuel_bassani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i agree with Satish..

just one more thing...one solution could be to implement a user Adapter module with PGP decryption in Java.

Best regards,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Yes. If you have an adapter module then the monitoring would be easy. If you or anyone has expertise in writing a module then you can go with a adapter module else you can proceed with what I I have specified.

---Satish