Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control access to the Portal Through a stand alone CUA Master System

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

We are in a situation where we are using CUA in a landscape with at Stand alone Central System and a number of child system.

We would like to use our central system to control/grant access to the portal as well.

But according to our Portal Guys this would require that should we <i>recreate</i> our roles (or at least empty placeholders with the same name) from e.g our BW system in our central CUA system as well (Migration through Text Comparison from child system isn't sufficient).

For obvious reasons we would like to avoid this.

So does anybody has any experience with this ? and if you any great links to documentation on how to use CUA with the Portal I would appreciate those as well.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

4 REPLIES 4

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten

It is not clear for me what you want to do with the CUA in the portal, but you can use and ABAP system as datasource for your UME. You can connect the UME to the central system of your cua and create and maintain users of this system via the UME. Then you will be able to use the CUA to synchronize the users in the other child systems. The user-role assignment is only possible in the abap system. In the UME the roles are shown as groups.

So you could connect the UME against the CUA system to create the users there, but you still will have to use CUA to assign the roles and maintain the users in the child systems.

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To use ABAP as a datasource for UME please refer the link below for configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/84/10594aecd3e1408845e66c432b955e/frameset.htm

Thanks

R.Murali

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answers, but what we want to achieve is to use our central CUA system as the data store (ABAP System), do you know if this is possible ?

Regards

Morten Nielsen

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it is possible to use and abap system (as the central system of CUA) as datasource for your UME. Please check the following documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/a2d475e5384335a2b1b2d80e1a3a20/frameset.htm