cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Netweaver Developer Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install Netweaver Developer Workplace on my local machine ,I have downloaded the required RAR file from service market place . Can anybody please give me the instructions on how to install it ..

Any help would be highly appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started with the installation with the initial phases but got stcuk at Phase 14 at the creation of the Database schema ,its taking a lot of time at this phase but showing no error messages.

Does it usually take this time to go further ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. It looks like you had another post about being stuck at step 14. I responded to that one. SAP support told me it's a bug in the install process and that you have to change the timezone on your pc to GMT +1:00 in order for the MaxDB part to install correctly.

Make sure to do that before you start your install.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I resolved that issue by reducing the Heap Size and got the Developer Workplace installed finally.

Now having troubles starting the Debugger in Netweaver Developer Studio.I get an error message :

No tab group defined for Launch Configuration Type

com.sap.ide.webdynpro.projectbrowser.launch.configtype.debug

Any idea about this?

I appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I don't mind helping but you might want to think about closing this post and opening another with the new issue.

That might also get you more reponses because people will see "problem starting debugger" or something like that in Subject instead of "Installing Netweaver Developer Workplace"

Open another post and I'll try to reply to it.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I got passed that phase ,I had to keep the default password for users and it ran fine but now I am facing an error at the phase 39 saying:

CJS 30151 Java process server0 of instance did not start .

Any ideas regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not run into that issue. Have you tried searching SDN and SAP Notes?

I finally had to open an OSS message and suffer through weeks of sending materials to SAP Support and waiting for them to get back to me before they resolve my issues.

It really is incredible that this process should be so complicated.

Sorry I can't help anymore with this particular error.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I did change the TimeZone but still facing the same issue ,please let me know if I am missing anyting else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash,

Another issue I ran into was the default Java parameters. Here's what I had to do:

1) Open Config Tool

2) Expand Instance node

3) Right-click on server node

4) In general tab on right hand side:

a) Change Max heap size parm to 768

b) In the Java Parameters field change the "Xms ..." line to "Xms 768M"

Hope that works for you.

David

I had to go into the Config Tool and change the Heap Size and th

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys I have already installed sdk 1.4.2_13 from java.com. Then I extracted my RAR file and then gone to IM_WINDOWS_I386 and ran sapinst.exe ,am I going in the right direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos
raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install J2SE SDK version 1.4.2_09 from SUN first.

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html

after installing SDK, you need to install <i>JDTsetup.exe</i> from DeveloperStudioSP16 folder.

<i>*Reward each useful answer</i>

Raja T