cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm using Sneak preview full java version. When I try to call SAP Function module from webdynpro Java via RFC Model, it's asking me to specify the SAP Server detail logon information.

Can anyone help me what information i should give becos im using Sneak preview Java version...

Thanks..

BM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes u need a seperate SAP access for that

Do get the following details for the server from basis person

Server Name:

Client

UserId

Password

system number.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...while adding the SAP System detail. the Dropdownlist "System", is blank. How to maintain it?

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

It seems you are trying to create JCO connection to call RFCs from your Webdynpro.

Here, to get SAP system in dropdown you have to configure it in SLD.

Open http://<Server host>:<port>/sld

Here, create technical system your SAP R/3 system.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

You are currently in Loab Balancing tab.

Just click Single Server tab and then go ahead with the details you have.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

asif_hirani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi

If u want to import Adaptive RFC Models from ABAP backend u have two ways for importing the model

1) single server : where u need to specify ABAP system creditials such as Application server name,client,system number for ABAP system available in ur Local Area Network

2) Load Balancing : Here DropDown List is automatically populated with list of ABAP servers which are defined in ur SAP LOGON PAD . Actually NWDS picks up names of these servers from <b>saplogon.ini</b> file which stores all ABAP servers defined in ur SAP LOGON PAD

so if u have entry for the required ABAP backend in ur SAP LOGON PAD then u can go for Load Balancing method in which most of the entries will be automatically populated from saplogon.ini file

If u donot have SAP LOGON PAD or saplogon.ini file doesnot have entry for the ABAP server then u should go for single server mode for Importing RFC models

Hope u Got the difference between the two methods now

Regards

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

For me, I have lots of SAP systems defined in SAP logon pad with groups. The saplogon. ini file looks good, there are information for lots of systems there.

But the system list in load balancing tab is still empty. What can I do now?

Regards,

Biqiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

To create a RFC model, you need to have some Connection Paramaeters.

Server Name:

Client

UserId

Password

system number.

See this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/webdynpro?rid=/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94aee2d#15

Regards,

Naga

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So you probably want to connect to an ABAP based back end system, that you have in reach. Just take the information from SAP Logon and you're fine.

But you have a back end in reach, do you?

Best regards,

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what I udnerstand is, Do I need to have separate SAP server to access the BAPI <b>from sneak preview Java Full version- SP16?</b>

BM

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, your sneak preview Java Full version is Java only right? It doesn't have any BAPIs you could call. So you need to have an ABAP WAS, where the BAPIs are located.

RFC is for communicating with ABAP based systems only. That's the deal.

Best regards,

ok