cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD process for service process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what will be the SD flow for service process i.e i'm trying to create a service as a material ( for logistics service providers ).i need to do shipment.

i have created a material as a service(material type - DIEN), and i have created a sales order and O/B delivery is automatically created for that material . but i could not include that material in the shipment.

kindly post ur suggestions.

regards

shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai to all,

as above the friends said there is no delivery for service scenario;

keep in mind that in service scenario order related billing happens.

its a one kind of resource related billing;

generally service related scenario are handled by cs(customer service) consultant;

its flow is different.what all sd consultant has to do is make customizing setting for the doc type billing req-order related billing;

delilvery of services is confirmed as the customer pays for the service;

again here there r 2 types of service;1.free serviec

2.paid service;

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Servide process in Sd scenario's are basically order related billing. The term order related billing will be much clear after I narate an example. If we speak of Rentals for housing or commercial, we are not physically delivering the product while billing. Hence we have a sales order & based on sales order, we directly bill the customer.

Another example is in third party scenario, we receive order from customer. as we do not manufacture that product, we place an order to vendor instructing the vendor to directly deliver to our customer. Though a product is being delivered, it is not being delivered from our plant, hence we do not create delivery in our system, but we certainly bill the customer. This again is order related billing, as we have indirectly provided a service to the customer, & also added our business volumes.

The above are process for services.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you need to be doing shipping here for services

You could do billing with reference to Order, rather than delivery based.

Service not being a tangible product, and thus material type DIEN provided to support billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Service is an immeterial like man hour,day or month. You cannot deliver the service.Services are billed oder related billing. No delivery needed for that.Pl explain your scenario. You can get solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi siva,

actually i was trying to configure for logistic service providers( third party who transport material instead of vendor ). i was trying to create material for the service(transport service) and the consecutive process like delivery , shipment etc..

shipment is for he (third party) is going to send his (customer - manufacturer) material from one place to another. that third party is going to take the material from the manufacturer and he is going to deliver the material.

in this case i have created a material as a service and sales order (a seperate sales order type for transportation) for that service material and O/B delivery is automatically created. and when creating shipment i could not add that delivery to that shipment.

kindly guide me.