cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of the SAP library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope I am in the right forum, there is such a multitude on here.

I have installed an ECC6 system using WEB AS 7. I am now trying to install the online help from the DVD: HTML Help For Windows. Reading through the txt file on the disc and the pdf it looks quite simple. I copy the EN\*.chd files to a file server, and then point to it using transaction SR13. The directory is shared to all users.

When I try to access it within SAPGUI on my workstation, it opens the index in HTML HELP VIEWER of SAP Library, but does not show the content in the righthandside pane, just "Action Cancelled". It thus reads the 00000001.chm file, displaying the index in the lefthand pane fine. But no content is shown in the right hand pane.

When I access it on the server where it is loaded in SAP Gui, everything works fine.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Derik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derik,

I guess you've got a problem with a windows patch. We ran into a similar problem.

Check MS Knowledge Base article <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B896054&x=16&y=13">896054</a>.

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Peter. You were spot on. With the extra info I was also able to find a SAP note 857216 describing this problem.

I can manually edit the registry and it works. However using notepad to make a .reg file does not work. Maybe my MS skills are just lacking

Cheers

Derik

Answers (0)