Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP command on server side

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to send a "server side" command using the File adapter? I need to send a command like <b>quote site lrecl=80 recfm=fb</b>

/Jakob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakob,

Did you find a way to execute server side FTP command or sub command using file adapter?

I need to run the command 'quote site na 1' tos end the name format on AS/400 system to 1. How do I do that using receiver file adapter?

I appreciate your help.

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i found a solution, but it was not a nice one! My solution was to create an ABAP mapping. When the files comes to the XI i use this mapping and inside i have coded the FTP send procedure. For that i use the FTP_CONNECT and FTP_COMMAND function modules.

After the file has passed the mapping i just use af dummy Communication Channel to place the file on af arcive space.

/Jakob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakob,

We cannot execute the Run OS commands on the FTP location. We can only execute them on the XI box where it is installaed.

If you want to execute just create a script in the XI box and run the FTP command in the script. Then execute this script from the communicaiton channel.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could u please be more specific.

reg