cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we upgraded from XI 3.0 to 7.0 and I am currently testing the first scenario (File->XI->BAPI). In SXMB_MONI I am getting the following error message when calling the adapter (extract):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><!-- Aufruf eines Adapters --> <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1"><SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category><SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code><SAP:P1>503 </SAP:P1><SAP:P2>Service Unavailable</SAP:P2><SAP:P3/><SAP:P4/><SAP:AdditionalText>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"&gt;

&lt;html&gt;

&lt;head&gt;

</SAP:AdditionalText><SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace=""/><SAP:Stack>In der HTTP-Antwort liegt der Status-Code 503 mit der Beschreibung Service Unavailable vor

Fehler beim Senden per HTTP (Fehlercode: 503, Fehlertext: Service Unavailable)

</SAP:Stack><SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry></SAP:Error>

Translated: HTTP-response with status-code 503 and description: service unavaillable.

I already checked the related forum threats but could not find any answer to this particular case. I also tried a different scenario (File->XI->File) but I get the same error message.

Any idea what the root cause could be?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This error can occur if the Adapter Framework is not running (properly).

Try restarting the Java stack of your SAP XI installation and reprocessing the message

You can restart the server from SAP Managment Console. Log on (Remotely) to your XI server->Open SAP Management console->You can see the Server instances->Choose the XI System ID->Right-Click->Choose Stop->Provide admin password. The Stacks will shut down. Then Start the same way.(<SID>->Right Click->Start->Wait until all the instances become green.)

You can restart the J2EE Engine from transaction SMICM:

SMICM --> Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> with restart

Also try to take a look to SAP Note:

803145 - Received HTTP response code 503

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

thanks, but we already restarted the Java Stack several times but without success. Any other idea?

Alex

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

have a look in tothese threads they have this issue solved

And this was the note recommended for this error status

*******Error: The error message 503 Service unavailable Application stopped! is displayed.

Description:The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay MAY be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish to simply refuse the connection.

Possible Tips: Because of J2EE application com.sap.aii.af.ms.app not active

• Try to (re)start the application using the Visual Administrator Choose Server --> Services --> Deploy --> View on Application or restart the J2EE engine

• The problem is that not all J2EE services can be started by the J2EE. i.e Start the Visual Administrator and select Server->Services->Deploy in the tree on the left. On the right-hand side, choose the Runtime tab page. You see a tree in the right window with all applications if you select the APPLICATION radio button. Check if they are running, otherwise choose Start. Usually the J2EE engine starts all services automatically.

• Refer SAP Note 803145,807000,791655 ********************(<b>As obtained from https error list)</b>

Answers (0)