cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to Non SAP System--- Partner Profile query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

iam doing

SAP--> XI --> Non SAP.

Now in the SAP system , I need to create Partner profiles with XI details or the one with NonSAP details.. ( like giving Outbound and Inbound parameters etc)

Please help me..

Regards

Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create the partner profile for SAP - XI.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes create the partner propfile with respect to XI

Have a look at this sap help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dc/6b803343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Have a glance at this also

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

Message was edited by:

Anusha Ramsiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I need to create it for XI in SAP.. i mean is it mandatory to create with XI details??

I got this doubt because in my present project.. iam having so many Outbound parameters and so many Inbound parameters from SAP for many NonSAP systems...every time it is going through XI only..

so we need to mention all those outbound and Inbound parameters for XI system in my SAP partner profiles.

i felt like we need to create partner profile with NonSAP details..?

Please correct me if iam thinking wrongly..

Regards

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh's reply should solve your doubt here.

<i>From my experience, I have found that creating partnber profile with respect to End Systems has always been beneficial, ie. , if an idoc is to be sent froma R3 system to a MainFrame system via XI, you have 2 options,

1. Create the partner profile with respect to the mainframe system. Create a logical System Name in BD54 for the MainFrame System and then use this as the Receiver Partner Name , the Idoc though would reach XI. In the long run I have always found that it makes more sense from the SAP system's point of view.

2. Or create the partner profile with respect to XI. I have seen cases when the Client has told us , as far as I am concerned I am sending the Idoc to XI and so the partner profile should be with respect to XI. I dont care to know to what end system the Idoc is actually being sent to.

Likewise the same issues occur when XI is posting an Idoc fto an R3. What should the sender partner name be? In the end a number of factors drive this.

Meanwhile answering your question, when the partner type is LS it would be logical to make XI as the Receiver Partner. But if your partner is a non LS, i.e KU, LI etc then the Receiver Partner would be the name of the partner for which the partner profile is created.

In the end it is just the RFC desitnation that is used to post the Idoc either to XI or to another R3 system directly.

If a Idoc is being posted with the partner type as Non LS, then you make use of party etc.

Look into the how to guide How To Sample idoc scenarios for a idea of what needs to be done for Non LS cases.

Regards

Bhavesh</i>

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Thank you..

Thats a helpful answer from bhavesh..

But i got confused here again..

<b><i>// when the partner type is LS it would be logical to make XI as the Receiver Partner. But if your partner is a non LS, i.e KU, LI etc then the Receiver Partner would be the name of the partner for which the partner profile is created.//</i></b>

My case is all my partner types are LS... Why cant i go and create Partner profiles with NonSAP details instead of XI..??

what is the logical bhavesh is mentioning.. ??

I feel i can use NonSAP details in my partner profiles even when the Partner type is LS..

Please confirm and suggest me..

Regards

Reddy.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seema,

><i>when the partner type is LS it would be logical to make XI as the Receiver Partner.</i>

What I meant in this statement was , it would be logical and simple to do this, but not the best way to do this.

><i>My case is all my partner types are LS... Why cant i go and create Partner profiles with NonSAP details instead of XI..??</i>

In this case, like I have mentioend in my reply, creating partner profiles with respect to your NonSAP System is the better option to do.<b>Always create your partner profiles with respect to your End Systems</b> ( I learnt this lesson the hard way once when we created it with respect to XI and faced issues at a later date)

The RFC destination will point to XI, but the partner profile will be with respect to the end systems , this will make sure that it provides you a bigger picture of the flow of data in your organization.

When the partner types are Non LS, the Partner Names are defined by other parameterys. Example Partner Type = B ==> Partner type is Bank and you need to create the partner profile for each and every of the Bank in the lanscape. Partner Type KU is customer and so partners will be with the customer name etc.

In your case, would suggest as it is LS created it with respect to your NonSAP systems instead of with XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,,

Please Respond...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh..

You Rocks Man..!!

Cleared my question..

Thank you.