Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling an Abap Web Service from IBM WebSphere with a MYSAPSSO2 Cookie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem :

I have to develop a proof of concept between IBM Web Sphere 5.1 and SAP AS JAVA 7.0.

I have created an IBM sevlet in Web Sphere, I use a specific redirect from an SAP AS Java to call it, this way I can have a SAP Logon Ticket, and I manage to call an ABAP module function with JCO with SSO.

Scenario 1 : browser + authentication --> AS Java redirect servlet MYSAPSSO2 cookie -> IBM WebSphere servlet JCO -> Abap module function (ECC5)

This scenario works fine.

I have to do the same scenario with a Web Service and I don't know what to do.

I try to use jax-rpc handlers but I don't know how to pass my cookie from my servlet to my handler.

Scenario 2 : browser + authentication --> AS Java redirect servlet MYSAPSSO2 cookie -> IBM WebSphere servlet JCO -> Abap Web Service (ECC5)

Has someone already done that ?

Regards, Julien.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien,

Why are you using 5.1....go for 6.0 and its cake walk, i have integrated WebSphere 6.0 with R/3 uysing xi.....in a week.

Scenario changed to:--

Browser+ authentication --> WebSphere AS servlet request --> XI --> RFC/bapi --> abap webService

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

The difficulty here is that we have no XI and we had to realise the scenario with WebSphere 5. (I know XI).

The problem is solved, WebSphere 5 has an old axis implementation, we did a new test with the latest version of Axis 1.4 and it's working now.

Kind Regards, Gilles.