cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including attachments with posts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I think I asked this a long time ago when I first started using SDN but I thought I'd ask again just in case it's changed.

Is there a way to include attachments with a post? There are so many times when including a picture would make it much easier to explain my problem. Or including a log file. I know I can paste the log file in-stream but that makes for a really long post.

Thanks!

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your best bet is your own webspace, flickr, or even your profile page if you've been invited but at the moment we have no plans to activate the attachment feature in the forums.

Numerous reasons all of which are basically the same as in the past.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not possible. Gave points to the two people who responded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my personal opinion.

" One picture can represent what 1000's of words cannot "

We have seen from childhood that our teachers show pictures for us to better understand. Also there is a lot of research which says that the human brain captures and remembers a picture better than words.

It would be easier for people If we can attach documents or pictures.

Like say for example, we want to show people the snapshot of a SAP Screen, external links are not proving that helpful

Lets do a poll on the website and see how many people respond.

Regards

KUmar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I don't think that it will be enabled on this website in the near future. You might check the ABAP forums, and you'll see a new thread in almost every 10 seconds. With this amount of posts, handling attachments makes the forum really slow. Actually in the afternoons now it is really slow.

A lot of people solved the problem with uplaoding their picture to a public pucture website (for example yahoo and there are many more) and post a link here.

REgards

Tamá

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Call me a masochist if you wish but I like not having attachments.

It makes one think if you are forced to describe your problem clearly enough that someone else can understand what you're talking about. A lot of the time I find my own answer whilst composing a post.

There are a handful of times where a screenshot would be genuinely useful, for which I second Eddy's suggestion. However I dread the idea of some people getting lazier than and flooding the forums with:

<i>Hello gurus,

How I can solve problem. Please help asap, it it very urgent!!!!!!!!

<very large uncropped BMP of a custom developed transaction with a custom error message in a foreign language></i>

I say no thanks to attachments.

Just my opinion....

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mike.

I love your reply. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the type of questions and answers on SDN. It's amazing to me how many people post entries like your example.

It is really hard not to reply to those with a "Do some research before asking please!" or something even nastier.

It's not like I'm brilliant but at least I try to make an attempt to figure things out on my own and do some research before asking. It would also help to give details.

Actually, my main reason for wanting to do attachments is because of the frustrations I've had with people understanding what I'm asking. I usually post a lot of details and still get replies that say

<i>See this post:

/community [original link is broken]

I take the time to read the link and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my problem. Or it describes something I've already tried and documented in my post.

Anyway, like I said, I thought I'd try. I know I can put the screenprint on my site and link to it. I just thought I'd ask again. : )

Thanks again for your reply!

David.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge, things aren't changed yet. I would suggest to refer to an external link if have your own web space.

Eddy

-

PS. Which type of S(D)N Ubergeek are <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/05/14/which-type-of-sdn-ubergeekbpx-suit-are-you">you</a>?