cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message thrown on R/3 but not passed to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I have a problem with scenario SOAP->XI->ABAP Proxy. When exception is thrown on R/3 ABAP program, I can see it in sxmb monitor on R/3 , but in sxmb monitor on XI the message looks like delivered. I need to see the exception on the XI also! What could be wrong?

Thanx a lot!

Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you are doing a asynchronus scenario..

If so you when a message is sent to r/3 by xi successfully XI shows the success flag.

Now when you go to Application system and check if there is any error you can see that there.

For this to go to XI you will have to use a Synchronous and then R/3 will try to send back the message to XI with the error status.

Regards,

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually you don't need a sync communication per se.

You said in topic title that you have Fault message.

So the problem is that the fault message is actually defined in the Inbound Async interface but the error is not being caught. Is that it?

Go for the above blog. Great reference info.

Just explicitely raise exception whenever you encounter an application error in your code.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys Thanx, however, I have it implemented this way... My inbound interface (async) has inbound message type and also fault message type. Proxis are generated. Exceptions are thrown from ABAP code of the execute_asynchronous method.

Fault message is visible in the sxmb_moni in the R/3 side, but is not passed to XI

Any ideas, why?

Thanx, Olian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Olian go through my reply I have given you. You need to convert it into a sync scenario to make r/3 send back it to xi.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriHari,

and what about the blog mentioned above???

It is async scenario!

It doesn't work for async scenario?

O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arggggggggggggggggggggggg... got it...

If the scenario is async, it is really possible to see error only in sxmb on the r/3 side...

So if we have person, who continuosly monitors the XI, he can't see any error until he monitors 2 systems. R/3 and XI....

This is really not good solution!

It would be much better, if the R/3 would send the fault message to XI.

Creating sync scenario only for purpose to monitor errors only on XI, is ... strange, at least.

I just cant understandm why isn't the fault propagated

O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No it will not and to monitor all your systems centrally you have to configure CCMS.

Please find the link below as a pointer to what you can do in CCMS.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/12/06/xi-ccms-alert-monitoring-overview-and-features

How to configure:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you ref: my weblog to get a better insight - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1