And what is this ML stands for?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can I know what is SynchML protocol.

And what is this ML stands for?

I got this in the concept of Generic synchronization.

can anyone help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SynchML stands for Synchronization Markup Language.

SyncML (Synchronization Markup Language) is the former name (currently referred to as: Open Mobile Alliance Data Synchronization and Device Management) for a platform-independent information synchronization standard. Existing synchronization solutions have mostly been somewhat vendor-, application- or operating system specific. The purpose of SyncML is to change this by offering an open standard as a replacement. Several major companies such as Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, IBM and Siemens AG already support SyncML in their products. Philippe Kahn was instrumental in the founding vision for synchronization with Starfish Software, later acquired by Motorola. The founding vision as expressed by Kahn was: "Global synchronization and integration of wireless and wireline devices".

Thanks

Regards

Santosh

Reward for helpful answer!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I got the things what you said.

But I was again confused with the things like what actually SynchML does? What kind of data do it synchronize?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

SyncML is most commonly thought of as a method to synchronize contact and calendar information between some type of handheld device and a computer (personal, or network-based service), such as between a mobile phone and a personal computer. The new version of the specification includes support for push email, providing a standard protocol alternative to proprietary solutions like BlackBerry.

Some products are now using SyncML for more general information synchronization purposes, such as to synchronize project task information across a distributed group of team members. SyncML can also be used as a base for backup solutions.

Thanks

Regards

Santosh

Reward if helpful !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Please see the following link for more details on SyncML.

http://www.palowireless.com/syncml/tutorials.asp

Thanks

Regards

Santosh

Reward if helpful !!!

Answers (0)