cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between documents in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am using Solution Manager 4.0. Let us assume that, in SOLAR01 we have generated business blueprint. This blueprint document contains the details of identified GAP. To bridge the GAP we developed the Functional specification in Business blueprint phase itself & loaded the functional spec in SOLAR01, "project documentation" tab. After one month, we are moving to realization phase, therein we develop a technical spec based on the functional spec what we derived in business blueprint phase (SOLAR01).

Now i want to create a technical spec with the link of functional spec document available in SOLAR01. Suppose if i create a technical spec WITHOUT the reference of functional spec, i can not identify from where the requirement has come. it is difficult to manually trace the functional spec for each technical spec.

Please suggest me the best to handle this situation in Sol Man.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

it is possible to maintain a link between two documents in Solution Manager. In your case, you can assign a link to the functional spec at the technical spec. This can be done via the document attributes: select the document for which you want to maintain the link and then the attributes button. You will receive an attributes pop-up for the document. On the link tab you can assign an existing document that you would like to reference.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply. As you said, with the use of "link" option, we can link the functional spec & technical spec.

But here the problem is:

Now the parent document is, functional spec. The child document is technical spec.

Suppose now i want to delete parent document (Functional spec) from my "project documentation" tab. If click on the delete option, it is deleting even though this functional spec is being linked with child document (technical spec).

How to control this deletion of parent document(Functional spec) ?

The deletion of parent document (functional spec) shold only work..When is..

1. If we delete the link between functional spec & technical spec

or

2. If the child document deleted (Technical spec alone)

Is it possible?

Thanks

Senthil