Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesing with eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good day,

Unit Test, String Test, Integration Test, Production Cutover Test, User Acceptance Test, Performance Test, Data Conversion Test, etc are different types of Tests

1. Can we do all these tests using eCATT?

2. Usually what kind of testing is required for SAP 4.X to ECC 6.0. upgrade project

Regards,

KC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You can perform the kinds of tests you have mentioned with eCATT very well.

In Upgrade project, you will have some defined landscape say development, quality & production. All servers in synchronization with each other.

So first you will do the upgrade strategy on dev box. After everything is done as part of upgrade on development, you will verify all the business scenarios who have undergone changes and the related linked scenarios in development server. Also same test will be carried out in quality server, which has not yet gone for upgrade.

Both the tests should match in terms of expected output. If the output match, then only you go ahead and transport all the changes to quality server from development server.

Hope this sort out your query.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by rewarding each reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thanks for your Quick reply,

1. where do we do eCATT in Production server or Non-Production server

2. who will do it Company's consultant or Client himself

3. how SAP Testwork bench related to eCATT

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Testing is always done on quality systems.

Ecatt scripts are being generated by the functional consultants with all the test data also provided with the scripts.

How to create ecatt scripts you can view sapna weblogs .

eCATT Weblog Links From SDN:

• eCATT An Introduction (Part I)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt--an-introduction-part-i

• eCATT Scripts Creation - TCD Mode (Part II)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation-150-tcd-mode-part-ii

• eCATT Scripts Creation - SAPGUI Mode (Part II)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

• eCATT Chaining, Parameterization, Creation Of Test Data, Test Configuration, System Data (Part IV)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

• eCATT Scripts Management Via Test Workbench (Part V)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/13/ecatt-scripts-management-via-test-workbench-part-v

• eCATT Logs (Part VI)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-logs-part-vi

• eCATT Scripts Creation Non User Interface Mode & Rename, Copy, Delete, Upload & Download eCATT Objects:

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/19/ecatt-scripts-creation-non-user-interface-mode-rename-copy-delete-upload-download-ecatt-objectspart-vii

• eCATT - Creating A Test Case For WebDynpro:

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2006/02/14/ecatt-creating-a-test-case-for-a-web-dynpro-application

test workbench is tightly integrated and to know in detail view my weblog

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/07/organize-and-perform-testing-using-solution-manager

Please reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

1. eCATT is very much integrated in WAS 6.20 server. Also it is available with SAP Solution Manager. So recommended is to use the tool from Solman and do the recording on Quality server. At final testing time, pass different data to these recorded scripts in solman & execute on quality.

If you don't have solman server, then have eCATT recording done on quality itself. eCATT is <i><b>NOT RECOMMENDED</b></i> for <i><b>Productive environment</b></i>.

2. The recording can be done by either the consultant or the client depending on the kind of business that is happening between the two. Ideally, consultant will do the recoding but the test case will be given by client.

3. eCATT is totally integrated into test workbench. Find the following link of my weblog talking about the test workbench in eCATT -

eCATT Scripts Management Via Test Workbench(Part V)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/13/ecatt-scripts-management-via-test-workbench-part-v

Find my series of weblogs for more details.

Hope this solves your query.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz mark the query as<i><b> Solved</b></i> by closing the thread.

Regards

Answers (0)