Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation in sap XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to learn from your experience.

I end a scenario, When I try the scenario and the scenario works perfectly.

Now I need to document the scenario.

I want to now how do you do this, do you have any templates for that? Do you use inside sap documentation, Do you use the button show/hide processing log.

I'll be happy to hear any advice

Regards

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For documenting interface you can use word document and create template yourself. Normally we classified document in two part (two separate docs or one doc with 2 part) functional and technical.

Function Document should contain information about: Business logic behind interface and specification of design in plain english (no technical information). FD should also inform about load/frequency of message flow.

Technical document: should contain either topdown (start with high level visualization and give information upto data type) or bottom up technical design (reverse of Topdown). TD also mention any predefine SAP object is used and information related to configuration (ip/host, username/password, port etc).

Normally TD contains all information about SWC, Design Object, BPMs, Configuration Object, External defination, custom code etc.

If you are using any reusable component then you can refer to its documentation in your documentation, also mention contact detail of developer/owner of interface.

Pls revert if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps</i>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this should help you create the perfect documentation for your developments (a technical spec basically)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/86bdc490-0201-0010-b9a2-b98373ea...