cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploy tool : problem deploying a .ear file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to deploy an .ear file using the deploy tool. I import the ear file and when I try to deploy it, I get the following error mesg. The password I had entered is "admin" the same I had entered when I was intsalling the system. Can anyone tell me what could be the probem ?

Thanks,

Vamsi.

-

05/05/19 10:03:03 - Start updating EAR file...

05/05/19 10:03:03 - start-up mode is lazy

05/05/19 10:03:03 - EAR file updated successfully for 47ms.

05/05/19 10:03:03 - Start deploying ...

05/05/19 10:03:03 - ERROR : com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [localhost] with user name: [Administrator]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot create new RemoteLoginContext instance.]

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.setBroker(DeployManagerImpl.java:3542)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.makeNewConnection(DeployManagerImpl.java:3508)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.deployUpdateAction(DeployManagerImpl.java:589)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.deploy(DeployManagerImpl.java:506)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.tool.deployer.DeployThread.run(DeployThread.java:81)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

05/05/19 10:03:03 - ***********************************************************

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

in my opinion it's occasionally that an EAR file is running on WebAS which was developed for an other application server without any changes on the source code. E.g. your problem is the different JNDI Configuration of SAP WebAS. I don't know which further problems will occurs for your application. Please have look to the WebAS Migration Kit (https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/sap_j2ee_migration_kit_webpages/index.html) to get an overview for possible changes.

Regards André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

If you are running SAP WAS SP9

You could use the "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio SP9"

"https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloads.sdn?page=devstudio_sp9_download.htm"

You could regenerate your ear in this studio and you could deploy it from the studio itself.

If will help you with the steps if you face any problem

Cheers

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Can you please confirm that are you able to deploy other ear files.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

you get a NamingException. It's reason is an unsuccessfully JNDI lookup e.g. for a EJB. Please try to change your initialization of your InitialContext as follows:

Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl
");
props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost:50004");
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props); 
ctx.lookup(...);

I think this should be working.

Regards André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the mesg. Is there any way to configure this wihtout changing the source code ? Is there any way of passing the parameters externally ? Basically I have an ear file that runs on Tomacat. I want to see if I can deploy that directly on SAP WebAS. or what is the effort required to port a simple web application to WebAS.

Vamsi.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I guess your server isn't running. Please check this first.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, Ihave the checked the engine its running. Its running on VMWARE1. However when I am deploying, its on localhost. could that be a problem ? Actually I changed the server to VMWARE1. Even then I get the same error.

I tried different ports : 50000, 50004, 50018. I get the same error for all.

Vamsi.