cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

My LDAP connection takes about 2 minutes for me to login. Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We changed the validation query, under the connection tab, to the following:

select cn from cn=builtin where objectclass=user. This sped up our logging in from 40 seconds to 1 second.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that would because the validation query is meant to return as little data possible. This gets run each time we try to use the connection.

In your case you are querying ALL the users from the cn=builtin context which maybe ok if you have a few users.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try doing a tracert XXXX in a command prompt to see if you have any DNS related issues getting from the xMII server to the LDAP configured server. You could also check with your LDAP contact to confirm your settings.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how to do a tracert in command prompt. Guide me and I will do it.

My LDAP contact here at my company set the LDAP up and said the issue is with xMII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

xMII Training,

Depending on how many users are in your LDAP system (I'm guessing many of many), it could be taking quite some time for xMII to "walk" through the LDAP system to find the xMII users.

You may want to try creating a group within LDAP specifically for xMII Users and then adjust the LDAP queries in the xMII to look at just that group. These queries are on the "Queries" tab of the LDAP User Configuration screen in LHSecurity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I was thinking. My LDAP contact said since it was in a SQL format, he would have a hard time getting the query correct. He does not have an SQL background. Also, he didn't understand why it was not in standard LDAP format.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I'm not mistaken, the LDAP syntax can be used as opposed to the default provided SQL format for the underlying namespace queries.

This might also be best served if you enter a ticket into the customer support portal so that a tech support representative can assist you with this particular issue.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the SQL interface of the queries was to help in the setup process for

people who weren't familiar with the LDAP filter syntax.

For example,

select name from cn=Users where SAMAccountName=jdoe and Department=Accounting

is the same as in LDAP syntax

select name from cn=Users where (&(SAMAccountName=jdoe)(Department=Accounting))

- Tim