Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asigning Reports, specific tables and Url links to the Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

could you please tell me the procedure of asigning Reports, specific tables and Url links in the role.actually i know the process of assigning T-Codes to the role but i dont know the procedure for reports and url links and tables...

i hope u people will respond positively.

Cheers.......

srinivas.korva

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

To add a Report:

Menu>report>Select "ABAP Report" and give the Report name in "Report" filed.

To add a URL:

Menu>other>Select "Web Address or file"-->Enter the web address.

To add Tables:

Add transaction SM30/SE16

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

thanks santhosh.

i will try with u r solutions. once again thank you very much. but i have two doubts santhosh.1) i want to add only one particular table not all tables. 2) in PFCG what is the use of Exper mode for profile generation. what is the difference between general profile generation and expert mode profile generation.

could you please guide me for the above incident.

Hope u respond positively.

Regards,

srinivas.

Message was edited by:

srinivas.korva korva

Message was edited by:

srinivas.korva korva

0 Kudos

as far as your first doubt is concerned:

I suggest you make a view of the table you want the enduser to see and assign it to a specific (custom) authorizationclass (DICBERCLS).

in the role you have made you can then assign authorization through S_TABU_DIS with activity 02 or 03 depending on what type access you want for it.

e.g. for HR tables (infotypes) are typically filed under auth. class PA. it will allow you to see al PA**** tables, that's why you would need a custom class.

2) expert mode is usually used when the contents of the menu have changed. try pressing the button and you can see the 3 different options it gives you. sometimes, the menu changes and you know that none of the authorization objects should be changed. it is then helpful to choose expert mode and "change old version" [or similar, I'm translating from dutch]

hope this helps a litlle

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

"i want to add only one particular table not all tables", you can do this using a Custom Transaction Code, the following are the steps to do it:

1) goto se93, give a unique name, say zxxx

2)Enter SE16 into the transaction field and select the flag the ‘skip initial screen’ field:

3)On the lower portion of the screen, enter the following information:

Name of screen field: DATABROWSE-TABLENAME

Value: Enter the name of the table you want to browse with

4)save it.

5) Now add the transaction zxxx in th role, and assign it to the user.

With this, when user executes the transaction, he/she will be able to see only the perticular table you added.

"in PFCG what is the use of Exper mode for profile generation. what is the difference between general profile generation and expert mode profile generation".

Expert mode has 3 options:

1) Delete and recreate profile and authorizations---This will completely delete the old profile and add only the new once.

2) Edit old status----It will edit the old values

3) Read old status and merge with new data----This will add the new values aithout actually disturbing the old ones.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Where can I find the list of possible values under the screen field parameter, say for Creating an entry in the particular table?

For the Expert Mode in profile generation, I never use this option since I began using SAP in 1999. I always use the 'Change Authorization Data" button. What is the benefit of using the Expert Mode option?

Thanks,

Kiko