cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the significance of columns while creating Fiscal Year Variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Fiscal Year Variant by the below path.

T-Code: SPRO

SAP SCM-Implementation Guide -> Advanced Planning and Optimization ->Supply Chain Planning -> Demand Planning -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Fiscal Year Variant

While maintaining the Fiscal year Variant, Entries must be made for the following columns

1) FV (Name of Fiscal Year Variant)

2) Description

3) Year Dependent

4) Calendar Year

5) Number of Posting

6) Number of Special Periods

a) What is the significance of columns from 3 to 6?

b) Also, what is the significance of "Period texts" and "Shortened Fiscal Year”?

c) Is there any documentation or help available on “Fiscal Year Variant” from SAP?

Regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I took a short cut. Just went to the transaction for FYV and clicked F1 (Help) for each of the columns and pasted it here.

3) Year Dependent

Indicator: Fiscal year variants year-dependent ?

Indicator that the allocation of posting periods to calendar days must be made individually for each year. This is necessary if the end of the period is not linked to a fixed calendar day.

4) Calendar Year

Indicator: Determine periods like calendar year ?

Indicator that the posting periods match the months of the calendar year.

5) Number of Posting

Number of posting periods

The fiscal year can be subdivided into up to 16 periods. These are divided into normal posting periods and special periods for closing purposes. This field contains the number of normal posting periods.

6) Number of Special Periods

Number of special periods

Special periods represent an extension of the last normal posting period. When the posting date falls within the last normal posting period, then during document entry you can specify that the transaction figures be updated separately in one of the special periods.

In this case, you can select as many special periods as you have specified here.

Please take maximum care while creating the FYVariant and also create it for as much further out as possible. Once used (assigned to a storage bucket profile) it cannot be changed. suggest first create the periods with dates in Excel and then review it. Then only proceed building it in the system.

If you have a BW or Finance consultant who have setup FY Variant in BW or ERP /R/3 you can take their help. Its the same structure in APO also.

If I get any relevant documentation or Note I shall update later.

Thanks,

Somnath

Check the following Consulting Note

1024356 - Year dependent Fiscal Year Variant

Message was edited by:

Somnath Manna

Answers (0)