cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound idoc resend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all . I have come up with a requriement. The scenario is as the following

once we raise a sales order and save it ,an outbound IDOC gets triggered and send to the customer via EDI. after some time customer asks for one more copy and there is a need to change the values of some of the fields and resend to the customer. This can be done in two ways

1.Go to va02 make the requried changes and issue the output

2. change the idoc which is already processed and resend it

our client wants to go for the second option.

Can anyone help me out

1.' Where we can change and resend an already processed outbound idoc '?

2.if we make any changes in an outbound idoc at idoc processing level will the changes reflect in the order?

3. Can we restrict the user to change certain fields only?

Any inputs given by you people will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini,

As i Understand the senario, Their might be some changes to the document required by the customer. This also needs to reflect in the changes in Order.

It will be complex way to update both the IDOC and order, if you are changing in the IDOC and resending it. It would be more wise to go ahead with the first option making changes in through VA02 and then sending it accross . And most of the companies do not hold the IDOCs for too long & hence it would be wise to make changes in VA02 and send the IDOC once more. This can be done by minor code change based on the edit checks business wants to perform.

Well if you still want to go ahead with the second option here are answer to the questions.

.' Where we can change and resend an already processed outbound idoc '?

First the IDOC status needs to be changed from program RC1_IDOC_SEt_status

then you need to reporces it throught program RSEout00

2.if we make any changes in an outbound idoc at idoc processing level will the changes reflect in the order?

The changes will not reflect in the order unless you have a code written in SAPLxved.

3. It is not possible to restirct the change to certian fields only.

Reward points if this helps

Thanks,

Kamal

Message was edited by:

Kamalakar vp

Answers (0)