cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamical programming / append fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Context of component controller is based on DDIC-structure. If append fields are inserted in DDIC-structure, i want to check if there are new fields and generate the input fields in view automatically. I noticed, although the context does not contain append fields, i do not need to create them as node_info is already filled. What i must to do is only to update view in wddomodify. And i can access append fields with get_static_attributes. I was suprised, but it is a nice feature. Will it always work?

Another suprise was after i defined a reverse mapping to a sub-component and after this i inserted in a view of sub-component append fields. I has also worked. Although during defining of reverse mapping append fields were not activ. Does it mean, if i define component usage dynamically via configuration, customer can replace my views with own, insert append fields etc.?

Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

1. yes, all fields that are part of the ddic structure are available including fields of append structures

2. yes, configuration is able to handle dynamic programming. You just need to make sure that IDs keep stable. Two notes though: Firstly, configuration is not the same as enhancement. So things you do in the workbench at design time using the enhancement framework, are design time only. Of course, customers can configure such enhanced components as well. Secondly, there are different levels of configuration and personalization and everything can be done on each level.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)